My Feed, Stay Updated

Monday, March 21, 2011

Save Money Quick Tip #5

The number one thing college students spend their money on...Alcohol! Now I know its tough to cut back in this area, and it might even seem impossible. However, I will share my two cents on how to save money when it comes to drinking. I love good beer so its difficult for me to buy the "light" beers, so if your like me, then buy yourself a nice beer for the first round (if your at the bar) and then after you get your buzz on, switch over to a light beer. Once your drunk, you cant really taste the difference anyway :) How if you are the liquor type, then I say pre-drink before hitting the bars. Its so much cheaper to buy liquor from a nearby shop and take a few shots before getting to the bar, then paying $6 for a mixed drink. 

Another key thing is to open a tab at the start. Instead of tipping the bar tender $1 every time you go get yourself or others a drink, (leaving $1 tip on a $3 beer is a 33% tip) keep the tab open and at the end of the night, leave a 20% tip on the tab. This will save you a few bucks guaranteed. 
 (My Girl----^ )

I am sure there are many other ways to save money at the bar, but these are just a couple things I do. Comment below for other drinking tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment